The safety of our Members is of prime importance and we are acutely aware that most of our Members (being of a certain age) are particularly vulnerable. In accordance with the latest Government and BCGBA guidelines the Club is applying the following simple, common-sense guidance.
- You must be able to demonstrate that you are COVID negative.
- Social distancing should continue to be observed at all times when off the green.
- Clubhouse entry continues to be restricted to one person at a time, and only for
- registering your car number (please sanitise the console afterwards)
- getting bowling equipment,
- access to the toilets.
- Doubles may now be played, and up to 4 jacks (max 16 people) on the green.
- The Club’s booking system (via the Club website) continues to be used
- Social Bowling open sessions on Monday and Wednesday mornings, and League matches (Monday afternoons, Tuesday evenings, Thursday afternoons and evenings, Sunday mornings) take precedence over member bookings
- The booking system continues to be used at other times
NB The booking system allows for a 10 minute interval between bookings
- Do bring refreshments with you, especially to rehydrate in hot weather.
Do not however, share food / drink with other players except from your own household.
- Masks should be worn when not playing (unless you are clinically exempt).
- Sanitise upon entry to the Club premises, before and after playing.
- Please observe ALL the signs around the Green and follow the instructions on them.
- In front of the Clubhouse you will find the Jacks and Mats for play.
You may also use your own jack & mat if you prefer.
- All the jacks, mats & bowls you are using must be disinfected before and after your game. This also applies to any other bowls equipment, such as jack and bowls gripping/lifting devices. Disinfecting “wet wipes” are provided for this purpose.
- Keep your personal possessions, refreshments, bowling bag etc in the area provided for this purpose (by the Garage)
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly at the external Handwash Station. Alternatively use the rub-in hand sanitiser gel provided. Water bottles can be topped-up at the Handwash Station.
- It is recommended that the jack is sanitised after each end.
- Do not pick-up your opponent’s bowls or return another group’s jack if “jack-up” is called. Basically, stay alert to possibilities of cross-contamination on the Green.
- Measures should not be used for social bowling. Decide amicably who won the end!
- Spectators (max 30) are allowed in accordance with Government guidelines. (No House pets.)
- Please leave the Green promptly at the end of your Time-slot; disinfect the equipment you have used; pick up your personal possessions; and disinfect the bottoms of your bowling shoes, on the way out.
In the event of an emergency – phone 999 (location – what3words..lungs.cute.galaxy)
For other matters, please contact the Club Secretary – 01543 304357